Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Man I feel awesome!


I love playing with new lenses. Lensbaby:Fisheye.



I'm also very happy that Justin has his dream bike now (the last one was stolen from our front porch-gotta love living in Downtown Salt Lake). It's a vintage touring bike from France, I don't know how to spell it but it's pronounced Pee-oh-jay (the "J" is more like a -sh- sound). They don't make this bike anymore so you know it's extra special.

Meet Christie
I love it when a friend from afar makes time for me on a quick trip. The other day I found a mixed CD in storage from when we were sixteen (6 years ago). We made it together and It's labeled "Val & Christie are Hot" & "Your my best friend and that's all there is to it" inscribed are little hearts and stars. She is my best friend indeed. One day Christie begged her parents to let me come home with her (I was on my way to the pound). I lived with her family for a few months when I was sixteen because things weren't going so well in my own home. A few months later I was baptized into the LDS church. My life changed immensely after that. I'm very grateful for that time in my life and love the people who shared it with me. Looking back the only thing I regret are the songs on that ancient CD. Gwen Stefani, Taking Back Sunday, Tsunami Bomb, The Sounds, Rise Against and others...our tastes in music are on the other side of the spectrum now, and I'm glad. It was nice to have this little piece of evidence showing our friendship. Our future teenage kids will not let us forget our wicked-awesome taste in music though, I'm a little embarrassed.

"Say goodbye to the tangerine sky, say hello, say hello to tomorrow"
Lyrics by: Kottonmouth Kings from Val & Christie are Hot mix.
Christie and I back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Likey Comments.